About this blog

I am a NASM certified Athletic Trainer and Nutritionist. Entrepreneur, Baker, Athlete, Mom, Wife and a Mormon.
I created this blog to share fitness advice, workout tutorials, delicious recipes, favorite products and more...

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sweet Tooth: Cinnamon & Sugar Caramel Apples



One of my latest cravings has been "Apple Pie Caramel Apples" from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I find them simply delicious. I could eat 1-2 a day. I mean, its an apple so its good for you right?! ;) Well, I decided to have some fun and make my own. I made them like nachos.. You can eat them with a fork or just as finger foods, either way, they are amazing. Here is what I did...

Start with a Granny Smith apple. 
Wash and Dry the apple. (make sure you dry it very well)
Slice the apple however you'd like. I just cut it into 10 pieces.

Unwrap your caramels. (That is, if you are lazy like me and don't want to make your own caramel right now.) If you do, props to you. My craving was just a little too strong to wait on making some fresh delicious homemade caramel)



Put caramels in a sauce pan over Med/High heat, stir until caramels are completely melted and in gooey/liquid form. Set aside and let it cool just a bit.


Prep your toppings. I just used white chocolate chips, melted and in chip form, and of course, cinnamon and sugar.




Dip, Drizzle and ENJOY!!!




Let me know how you like your "Apple Nachos"
 What are you favorite toppings???
-Whit


No comments:

Post a Comment