About this blog

I am a NASM certified Athletic Trainer and Nutritionist. Entrepreneur, Baker, Athlete, Mom, Wife and a Mormon.
I created this blog to share fitness advice, workout tutorials, delicious recipes, favorite products and more...

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Peanut Butter & Coconut Cookies

The past couple of days I have been having a lot of fun experimenting with ingredients I have never used for baking. Hence, all of the fun new recipes this weekend.

This is a little embarrassing, but I have never used coconut oil.... for anything! Coconut oil had been an ingredient in lots of recipes I have been wanting to try so, I decided today was the day. I bought myself some and went to work.


Peanut Butter & Coconut Cookies Recipe:

3/4 C Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 C Softened Coconut Oil
1 C Light Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 1/4 C White Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Salt

Instructions:

1: Gather all of your ingredients. Measure each one out to make sure you have enough.


2: In a mixing bowl combine: Peanut Butter, Coconut oil and Brown Sugar. Mix on medium speed for about 3-5 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy. Add the Egg. Mix again for 1-2 minutes.




3: Add the Vanilla, Baking Soda and Salt to mixing bowl. Mix for 1-2 minutes.

4: Add the Flour to the mixing bowl. Start mixing by pulsing the mixer, once the flour is somewhat combined, mix until dough looks well combined.


5: Scrape bowl down with a flexible spatula. Mix one more time.


6: Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.

7: Prep the cookie sheet by putting parchment paper on it or just by spraying the sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set close by, but out of the way for a minute.

8: Un-lock the mixing bowl from the stand. Get a medium sized ice cream scoop or just use your hands and start rolling the dough into the size and shape you want. Once you have the sizes and shapes you want, place dough on the cookie sheet. Space them about 1-2 inches apart. 



9: Place cookie sheet in the oven. Depending on the size of the cookie, for Med/LG cookies cook for 10-11 minutes. For smaller sized cookies, 7-9 minutes. Make sure to NOT overcook. Burnt cookies are NEVER fun.

10: For an extra little sweetness, after the cookies were right out of the oven, I smashed the cookies down a bit and I sprinkled "Sugar in the Raw" on top.. It makes the cookies that much better.




11: I like my cookies to be cool when I eat them. So let them sit out at room temperature and the place in an air tight baggie or container and stick in the fridge, or, if you're anxious, like you should be with this recipe just eat them warm! 



Hope you enjoyed this recipe. Let me know how you liked it, and if you did anything different. I love to hear your feedback.

-Whit




1 comment:

  1. This sounds and looks amazing! I am seriously going to make these! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete