About this blog

I am a NASM certified Athletic Trainer and Nutritionist. Entrepreneur, Baker, Athlete, Mom, Wife and a Mormon.
I created this blog to share fitness advice, workout tutorials, delicious recipes, favorite products and more...

Monday, August 25, 2014

fresh & delicious: smoothies and juices

Throughout this entire pregnancy, the thing I have craved the most is fresh, ice cold drinks. Whether it be water, soda, juices, shakes or smoothies. Both of our fridges consists of about 80% liquids and 20% solids.. Thankfully, my husband doesn't mind it too much.  Or he is just being sweet and not saying anything about it.

Well, now that I am in my 3rd Trimester and getting close to being done with this pregnancy, I found that I am craving more and more healthy, wholesome foods. The same thing happened with my first baby and just thought it was just a little craving. But, just like with Cruz (my first child) the craving just continues to get stronger and stronger as the weeks go by. I guess the little dude needs those extra vitamins and minerals to get his strength up to keep up with his crazy active big brother. Thankfully, I LOVE fresh fruits and veggies. And, I bought all the cool kitchen appliances (A juicer, magic bullet etc..)  last year when I went thru this phase. So this time I just have to go to the store and buy all the food.

So, this post today will be mainly about a couple of yummy, healthy and easy drinks I have made in the last week or so that I think my readers will enjoy. So here we go! On to the recipes!!!

Chocolate Smoothie:
1 C "Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk"
1 Frozen Banana
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Cocoa
Ice 


Instructions:
Add all ingredients into a blender. Mix well. (Add as much ice as you would like to give you the thickness you desire) 
Pour into a cup, and enjoy!

______________________________________________

Apple & Carrot Juice:
1 bag of baby carrots
4 Green Apples


Instructions:
Wash Veggies and Fruits. Cup and Peel apples. Put all ingredients into a juicer. Let it sit in fridge for an hour or so to set up. Shake well. ENJOY! Keep refrigerated.

_______________________________________________

The Citrus Booster:
4 Large Pink Grapefruits (peeled)
3 Large Oranges (peeled)
1.5 Lemons (peeled)

Instructions:
Cut up all fruit into medium bites. Combine all, put in a juicer. After you have juiced all the fruits, put juice drink in the fridge and let it sit for about 1-2 hours. Once the drink has set up, shake well and enjoy the citrusy goodness!!! Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment