About this blog

I am a NASM certified Athletic Trainer and Nutritionist. Entrepreneur, Baker, Athlete, Mom, Wife and a Mormon.
I created this blog to share fitness advice, workout tutorials, delicious recipes, favorite products and more...

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Whit's Favorite Banana Bread

Growing up I was very lucky to have a professional chef as a mom. She catered amazing weddings and is still cooking for lots of people on a daily basis, (including me). One of my favorite things growing up was coming home from school to a house that just smelt divine from the banana bread in the oven. So as i grew up and moved out of the house, I wanted to make my own house smell that good. There is just something about a warm cozy house that smells delicious like something baking in the oven. So, I decided to share with you all my favorite banana bread recipe.
Follow the steps closely, and soon, your own house will be smelling yummy and you will be able to enjoy some delicious banana bread yourself. :)

{Whit's Banana Bread}

PREPARE:
Preheat Oven to 325 degrees
2- Loaf Pans w/ No-Stick Baking Spray

INGREDIENTS:

1 C Brown Sugar
1 Stick of Butter Softened
2 Eggs
1/4 C Light Sour Cream
1 Tsp Vanilla
4 Very Ripe Bananas
2 C Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg 
1/2 Tsp Cloves
1/4 Tsp Salt

INSTRUCTIONS:

-Cream together Butter and Sugar.




-Add in Sour Cream, Mix.
-Add in both Eggs, Mix.




-Add in the 4 bananas, Mix well.



-Add the Flour and all the dry ingredients, Mix until combined. 



-Divide the batter between the 2 prepared loaf pans.
-I like to sprinkle cinnamon, Oats, and Turbinado sugar on top of the batter in the loaf pans to give it a sweet crunchy layer.


-Place in oven, cook for about an hour. 
-Let it cool, and then cut a slice or two and enjoy!!!





ENJOY!!! Let me know how you like it!

-Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment